- Amendments to this Agreement. We reserve the right to amend this Agreement at any time through the procedure as further described in section 16. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Website to obtain timely notice of such amendments.
- Collection and Use of Personal InformationWe collect two types of information through our Website: personal information and non-personal information. The types of information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us.
- Personal Information. We may collect personal information such as:
- your contact information - for example, name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- your personal preferences - for example, product wish lists, language preferences, and marketing consent; and
- your transaction information - for example, Deals purchased, method of payment, amount paid, and credit or debit card number.
- Non-Personal Information. Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual. For example:
- we may collect certain non-personal data when you visit our Website, such as the type of browser you are using or the referring URL; or
- we may collect and summarize customer information in a non-personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes. We may, for example, summarize our data to determine that a certain percentage of Deal purchasers are male, aged 18 to 25.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product, service, or information that you requested. For example, we require your email address in order to verify your account, which is necessary so that receipts for purchased Deals may be sent to you electronically.
- Personal Information. We may collect personal information such as:
- Use of Personal Information We may use your personal information for a number of different business purposes, for example to:
- fulfill your specific requests for products, services or information;
- provide customer support to assist you with your questions or complaints;
- conduct surveys in order to improve our services;
- advise you of changes to our services, or new services that we may implement from time to time
- measure and improve the effectiveness of our Website or our marketing endeavours;
- detect and protect against fraud and error;
- track and analyze your purchases and preferences to better understand your product and service needs and eligibility; and
- for other purposes as described in this Policy.
We limit the personal information we collect and use to that which is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above. We will not collect, sell, distribute or use personal information for any other purposes without your further consent, as required by law or as authorized by Applicable Privacy Laws.
- Your Consent We will collect, use, or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by Applicable Privacy Laws. When you choose to provide us with your personal information you consent to the use of your personal information as identified in this Policy and as may be further identified at the time of collection.
- Express Consent Sometimes you will be asked to give your express consent to our collection, use or disclosure of personal information - for example, by being asked to check a box to indicate your consent to receive marketing communications.
- Implied Consent Other times, you may provide your implied consent to our collection, use or disclosure of personal information when we can reasonably conclude that you have given consent by some action you have taken or an action you have decided not to take. Generally, this occurs where the purpose for the use of your personal information would be reasonably apparent to you - for example, when you provide us with your email address in the course of a transaction, you provide us with implied consent to send the Deal information for that transaction to you and your email address.
- Withdrawing Your Consent You may notify us at any time that you wish to withdraw or change your consent to our use and disclosure or your information. We will accommodate your request subject to legal and contractual restrictions related to your transactions. If you have "opted in" or subscribed to one of our mailing lists, we will always provide you the opportunity to "opt out" or unsubscribe. For example, if you receive emails from us, we will provide a link in the email which you can use to unsubscribe from that mailing list.
- Information We may Collect Directly from YouListed here are some further examples of the ways that we collect personal information directly from you and how we use it.
- Refunds We will provide a refund of the purchase price paid by you for any Deal purchased within seven days after the purchase of such Deal, provided that the Deal has not yet been redeemed. After seven days, we will not provide refunds except where you are unable to redeem a Deal before any applicable expiration of the Deal because the Merchant is no longer in business. For us to continue to offer our refund policy, we ask for personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, and credit or debit card information for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud.
- Purchase Follow-Up and Surveys Following a purchase we may send you a follow-up letter to thank you for your business, or we may contact you to ensure that you are completely satisfied. We may use contact information collected online or via telephone to conduct occasional surveys and other customer research. These surveys are entirely voluntary and you may easily decline to participate.
- Our Website Our Website can be browsed anonymously. However, to engage in certain special features or functions of our Website, or to purchase Deals from our Website, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or credit card information. We use this information to create your account, contact and correspond with you about your order, respond to your inquiries, and monitor functions of our Website that you choose to use.
- Sign-Up for Newsletters or Updates We also offer once-daily email updates describing Deals that are available. Should you choose to receive those updates, we will collect your contact information, such as name and email address. This information will only be used to send you the updates that you have requested. You may "unsubscribe" at any time by following the unsubscribe directions located in the footer of each email, or using another method that we describe in the updates Our subscriber list is never given, sold or licensed to third parties.
- Participate in a Contest or Promotion From time to time, we may run contests or promotions. If you participate, you may be asked for contact information as well as additional optional survey information (for example, product preferences). Personal information from contest entries will be used only to administer the contest and contact you if you win. For research and analysis purposes, we may also summarize contest survey information in a manner that no longer identifies individual participants. All contests and promotions are subject to this Policy and the rules that will be available with each particular campaign. Some contests may be conducted by third parties and will be subject to the third party's policies.
- Email a Friend While visiting our Website you may choose to use the "Email a Friend" tool which allows you to inform a friend about Deals of interest to you. The information you provide will be used to send a one-time email to your friend, inviting them to our Website. We will not add your friend to a mailing list and will not send them further email unless they choose to receive such communications from us. When using the "Email a Friend" tool you are contacting your friend directly and as such you acknowledge that you are responsible for this correspondence and not us. If you provide us with personal information concerning another individual (e.g., email address), you represent and warrant that you have obtained all necessary consents from that individual to enable us to use that personal information for the identified purpose.
- Customer Support Centre We operate an electronic customer support centre to accept and address your questions, concerns, or complaints. When you contact our customer support centre, we may ask for personal information to help us respond to your inquiry or to verify your identity. For example if you have a question about the status of a recent online order, we will ask for personal information to verify that you are the account holder. We may also monitor or record your online or telephone discussions with our customer support representatives for training purposes and to ensure service quality.
- Information We Collect AutomaticallyIn some cases, we automatically collect certain information.
- Our Website When using our Website, we may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access our Website, the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our Web Site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web Site you visit, the Web Site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the Web Site. This information is used for Web Site and system administration purposes and to improve the Website.
- Cookies The Web Site uses "cookies", a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Web Site user's computer to permit the Web Site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web Site. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Web Site, to offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, to track your activity at the Web Site, to respond to your needs, and to otherwise facilitate your Web Site experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web Site and your ability to access certain features of the Web Site or engage in transactions through the Web Site.
- Web Site Tracking Information We may use web beacons or pixel tags to compile tracking information reports regarding Web Site user demographics, Web Site traffic patterns, and Web Site purchases. We may then provide these reports to advertisers and others. None of the tracking information in these reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. For our own research purposes we may link tracking information with personal information voluntarily provided by Web Site users. Once such a link is made, all of the linked information is treated as personal information and will be used and disclosed only in accordance with this Policy.
- Links to Other websites Our Web Site may contain links to other websites or Internet resources which are provided solely for your convenience and information. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website or Internet resource. We have no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other websites to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
- Supplementing Information From time to time we may supplement information you give us with information from other sources, such as information validating your address or other available information you have provided us. This is to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect and to help us provide better service.
- Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information We do not sell or license your personal information to any other party. However, in the normal course of business we may share some of your personal information with our affiliates and with third parties acting on our behalf or as permitted or required by Applicable Privacy Laws.
- Service Providers We may use third party service providers (for example, web hosting providers, data management providers and/or payment processers) to manage one of more aspects of our business operations, including the processing or handing of personal information. When we do use an outside company, we use contractual or other appropriate means to ensure that your personal information is used in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Some of these operations may result in personal information collected by us being stored or processed in the United States and, as a result, your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and regulatory authorities in accordance with the USA PATRIOT Act and other applicable laws of the United States.
- Information Shared Amongst Our Affiliates, Subsidiaries and Divisions We may share personal information gathered on our Website with and amongst our corporate subsidiaries, affiliates or divisions for internal business purposes in accordance with this Policy. If we do, we will ensure that your information continues to be used only in accordance with this Policy and your expressed choices.
- Legal Disclosure We may disclose your information as permitted or required by law. For example, we may be compelled to release information by a court of law or other person or entity with jurisdiction to compel production of such information. If we have reasonable grounds to believe information could be useful in the investigation of improper or unlawful activity, we may disclose information to law enforcement agencies or other appropriate investigative bodies.
- Security of Personal Information The security of your personal information is a high priority for us. We maintain appropriate safeguards and current security standards to protect your personal information, whether recorded on paper or captured electronically, against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse. For example, electronic records are stored in secure, limited-access servers; we employ technological tools like firewalls and passwords; and we ensure our employees are trained on the importance of maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information. Reasonably secure methods are used whenever we destroy personal information. For example, we currently use SSL encryption with a 2048 bit digital certificate.
- Requests for Access to and Correction of Personal Information Applicable Privacy Laws allows any individual the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in his or her personal information that is in our custody or under our control. Our Privacy Officer will assist the individual with the access request. This includes:
- identification of personal information under our custody or control;
- information about how personal information under our control may be or has been used by us; and
- the names of any individuals and organizations to which the individual's personal information has been disclosed.
- Removal of Your Information We keep your information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and to meet any legal requirements. Personal information used to make a decision that directly affects an individual will be kept for at least one year after such a decision. We have retention standards that meet these parameters. We destroy your information when it is no longer needed or required to be kept, or we remove your personally identifiable information to render it anonymous.
- Concerns or Questions regarding our Compliance Questions or concerns regarding our compliance with this Policy may be directed to the Privacy Officer, Karim Abraham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an individual is not satisfied with our Privacy Officer's response to their question or concern they may be able to make a complaint under Applicable Privacy Laws. Our Privacy Officer can provide you with the contact information to make such a complaint. To unsubscribe or opt-out from any mailings from mydealbag, visit http://mydealbag.com/unsubscribe/unsub and enter your email address.
We, or a data provider we have engaged, may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads, content or services. No personally identifiable information is placed into these cookies. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these cookies or learn more please go to http://aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Additionally, emails we send may contain a bit of code known as a "web beacon." This code allows us to understand the time and date of when a user has opened an email and when he/she has utilized a link within the email to visit a website. Our web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information. Users wishing to disable our web beacons should do so by turning images "off" in their email client (e.g., Outlook, Outlook Express). Please see your email client for more information.